Rajasthan With Kids

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 jemma

jemma
  • Members
  • 19 posts

Posted 28 June 2009 - 02:23 AM

Three years ago we spent two weeks in Pushkar, Bundi and Delhi with our children. We are planning another similar trip this December.
Our initial thoughts are Bikaner and Nawalgarh. Jaisalmer is another thought while the kids like the idea of some tiger spotting in Ranthambore.
The kids are 12, 10, 8 and 4yrs old and need a retreat away from the noise and energy of life in India at
times. The eco lodge of Apani Dhani in Nawalgarh recommended in this forum sounds like it fits the bill.
Nawalgarh and Bikaner or Jaisalmer and Ranthambore? Any other sugestions?

#2 jemma

jemma
  • Members
  • 19 posts

Posted 30 June 2009 - 05:25 PM

Any help out there?
The more I read the more confusing things seem to get. Don’t worry I am not after the allusive magical hideaway that I am well aware wont remain that way if the code of silence is broken, but just some experienced guidance.
About 15 years ago my future husband went on a two week holiday of my choice to Greece, on returning he said the next holiday was his choice. Soon after we spent six months travelling to India by train.
Now we have school aged children it is difficult to go for a long trip. When we travelled with the luxury of time if a place was not what we wanted or needed at that moment we could move on, an advantage that at the present time is impossible.
Please any suggestions for a tired couple of parents!

#3 iwanttogoback

iwanttogoback

Senior Guru Member

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,663 posts

Posted 30 June 2009 - 08:08 PM

hi jemma

are you going for two weeks? sorry, it's not entirely clear.

my initial thoughts are that with three children, i wouldn't want to be going to too many places.
just is.

#4 jemma

jemma
  • Members
  • 19 posts

Posted 30 June 2009 - 09:14 PM

hi jemma

are you going for two weeks? sorry, it's not entirely clear.

my initial thoughts are that with three children, I wouldn't want to be going to too many places.

Hi iwanttogoback,

Yes unfortunatly it is just for two weeks. That is why I feel making the right decisions on where to go is so important. I would agree too many places are hard work and we have never been great ones for fast moving. We are arriving in Delhi on 26th December and other than wanting to spend a couple of days visiting friends there have no plans. Large cities can be a little overwelming so other than Delhi wanted to avoid them. Pushkar was enjoyed by all last visit. I know chocolate pancakes are better with eggs but the children loved the café culture as a break from the streets.

My partner has just thrown varanassi into the mix, a town I know he loves.

Glad we have months to make our minds up!