• Please log in to reply
9 replies to this topic

#1 cyberhippie

cyberhippie

Senior Guru Member

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,275 posts

Posted 09 November 2008 - 06:53 PM

First draft, what do you guys think is it clear and simple for the newbie??

Train Berths And Seating Layout Diagram

#2 Shiver me Timbers

Shiver me Timbers

Frequent Flyer

• Blogger
  • PipPip
  • 295 posts

Posted 09 November 2008 - 09:26 PM

I think that's pretty clear CH - it's often hard to grasp these things if you've never actually seen them before, but that's about as good a job as possible. Maybe if you could get a photo or two attached it would help.

Lots of space in those carriages, are the hawkers allowed on?

#3 cyberhippie

cyberhippie

Senior Guru Member

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,275 posts

Posted 09 November 2008 - 10:29 PM

Ok Conor added a photo albeit a crappy one and tried to make it a little clearer, anyone got a better photo??

#4 Judi

Judi

• PipPipPip
  • 881 posts
  • Interests:Travel<br />Cooking (&amp; eating!)<br />India, India, India<br />

Posted 10 November 2008 - 05:10 AM

Good diagram: sorry, my photos aren't clear enough.
It's better to light a candle than complain about the darkness

#5 iwanttogoback

iwanttogoback

Senior Guru Member

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,663 posts

Posted 10 November 2008 - 01:58 PM

the only time i was in a first class carriage was to use the loo, and i tend not to take photos whilst doing so. :)

i was impressed by the cleanliness and fittings as compared even to 2AC.
just is.

#6 cyberhippie

cyberhippie

Senior Guru Member

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,275 posts

Posted 11 November 2008 - 12:57 AM

Slowly getting the other classes together, finished two tier AC and nearly finished the 1st AC Cum 2 tier AC carriages.

I really wish I had some decent photos, Hey Digital Drifter can I use the pictures from the Indiamike train guide. would be a big help in making things clearer Cheers guy.

AC First Class also has a shower IWTGB, basic but a nice refresher on a long train journey. You'll need your thongs/flip flops though :)

I'm updating my site right now, lot's of old stuff need to be brought up to date and a few things on the train pages need clearer explanation, like the berth situation and waiting listed tickets.

I nice one would be a cameleer type pano of the various interiors of the different classes but I think it's too cramped for normal lenses.

#7 torryquine

torryquine

• Blogger
  • PipPipPip
  • 630 posts

Posted 11 November 2008 - 02:57 AM

We like the carriages that are half 1st class and half AC2 (are they called HC2 or something like that?). Anyway, if you get the two bunks nearest the 1st class section it's the best! All the space and facilities of 1st, with the price and companionship of AC2

#8 jyotirmoy

jyotirmoy

Senior Guru Member

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,598 posts

Posted 11 November 2008 - 09:42 AM

Travelling in 1AC is one luxery that I indulge in when ever I can. There is a sink in these compartments.

#9 iwanttogoback

iwanttogoback

Senior Guru Member

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,663 posts

Posted 11 November 2008 - 03:05 PM

AC First Class also has a shower IWTGB, basic but a nice refresher on a long train journey. You'll need your thongs/flip flops though

oh we're not having that debate again are we? i never wear flip-flops, only thongs. :P

i did notice the shower, and wished i'd noticed it about twelve hours earlier! by the time i checked it out our trip was almost over.
just is.

#10 digital drifter

digital drifter

• Blogger
  • PipPipPip
  • 540 posts

Posted 11 November 2008 - 09:46 PM

I really wish I had some decent photos, Hey Digital Drifter can I use the pictures from the Indiamike train guide. would be a big help in making things clearer Cheers guy.

ermm....chief, I'm not the owner of the photos in the train guide; I went around asking people whether it is OK to use their photos in the guide. And used those only when I got permission. All those mails are there in IM mail folder. So, your best best is to ask them again. danged if i knew now, who those chaps were.

On the other hand, you could head over to youtube and see whether can get a screen grab? Fair use and all that jazz?

http://www.youtube.c...r..._type=&aq=0