Gourmet India
Chetan

Whats your favourite snacks with your drink?

Chetan    411

Whisky topped with ice and added soda with the below snacks !

Chicken Tikka, nothing like this Punjabi delicacy with a nice cold Whisky ! You cannot really go wrong with this combination, especially with the correct amount of green chutney.

Peanut Masala, I definitely believe this is India's most consumed snack with a drink, at least down here in the south. Ensure you have finely chopped onions with this one and nice crunchy peanuts.

Usli, this is mostly a favorite amongst folks from Karnataka, but a good healthy snack with your drink !

Masala Vada, from the wiki, Vade, also known as wada or vade(in Sri Lanka) or vadai or or bara (pronounced "vah-daa", "vah-dey", "baraa" or "vah-die"), is a savoury fritter-type snack from South India.

Masala Vada , is a dal vadai whose main ingredient is toor dal. It is made with the whole lentils and is shaped roughly like a flying saucer.

Fantastic snack which goes with any spirit!

So what are your favorite snacks that accompanies your drink ?

• Like 4

EarnesTaster    279

Wah Wah Wah Chetan Bhaiyya!!!!  had missed this post from you but its good that you brought up this noble topic. Chick tikka is undoubtedly a great combo as you rightly top-line (although now that I think about I would like it with more crunchy veggies by the side, 'coz when you're drinking and having all those sinful snacks it's nice to have something to balance it out, however deluding that might seem, moreover one of my dear seniors insightfully said that the au naturelle veg starters also help to ease the impact on the stomach when drinking)

Whiskey as you know wreaks havoc with one's beath and combine that with your oh-so-popular raw onions on nuts, and you can kiss goodbye your chances of other kinds of fun later. 

But Usli with drinks?! , yenu saar!! gimme a break ;)

But you finish with a bang! that pic of masale vade avec chutney almost sends me into a delirium!

• Like 2

Chetan    411

Baked Potato fans, this is a really quick recipe and since it uses almost no OIL a fantastic treat while having a drink.

Used a little of Olive oil + Ginger garlic paste and some Italian seasoning to brush the potatoes before it went into the oven

• Like 3

anil    242

What ever is free :) In one of my regular watering holes, they bring tortilla chips and salsa for free. Other, has hotdogs cut in bite sizes, also free.

• Like 1

vandy    212

Pakoras, Onion Bajhis, and yes Chicken Tikka / Tandoori pieces as per Chetan's pleasure.

• Like 1

vandy    212

I had some great snacks at both the Bowring Institute and the Indiranagar Club. The drinks weren't too bad either. :blink: 

• Like 1