Gourmet India
Sign in to follow this  
gianni66

Tamil Names (for A Sf Novel)

Hi all "old friends"! :tongueout:

Back here after a long time... actually I have never stopped looking and lurking in the forum, although I have no travel plan for this year... :( but I'm already thinking for the next year!

But I'm still dealing with something related to India. Yes, I'm finishing to write a novel, a sort of Science Fiction set in India, around temples and archeological sites, and I need to assign names to a couple of characters who are priests in a Tamil temple.

Which names can you suggest?

I have done a brief research on Google about Tamil names, and currently the names that I like more are Chadaiyan and Sanjeevan, but I don't know if these names are good for this particular role and caste.

Thanks for your support!

Gianni

P.S.: I'm not at all a professional writer, I'm just a "wannabe"! ;)

I suggest Lakshmikantam and Rajagopalan.

No Bengali character in your book.... ;)

There is one, Jyoti... there is one! :tongueout:

sci fi and India - my mind is boggling. :tongueout:

Check out the wonderful sci fi stories by Satyajit Ray, English translations are available.

sci fi and India - my mind is boggling. :(

Well, I am always reluctant to use the term Sci Fi about my story, because it has nothing to do with aliens, space battles, UFOs, green monsters invading the planet, and so on. It's much more a travel novel, but going on with the story it becomes a sort of mathematical enigma related to the "end of the time" (according to the Induist mythology) and hidden in some ancient scripts found around Indian temples, which leads to a final revelation of a "parallel universe", and something else... :tongueout:

Actually, the main body of the story tells about a journey across India of the main characters (two Italian guys), in which I have reported most of my travel experiences, in particular Indian trains and food have a big role.

The difficult thing has been to include concepts as the Kali Yuga, the cycles of the Kalpa, and everything concerning the Induist concept of Time. I'm not at all sure that everything is 100% coherent and without mistakes, but it's a novel... and, above all, everything happens in a parallel universe, as it's discovered at the very end.

But I don't want to say more, for the millions of readers that I will have when the book will be translated in 25 languages all over the world! ;)

... for the millions of readers that I will have when the book will be translated in 25 languages all over the world! :tongueout:

English first, please! ;)