Gourmet India
Suresh Hinduja

Food Photo blog II

Vasudev Adigas. Suresh Bhai, please do take a very close look at this game changing restaurant. The best of Karnataka may need to be redefined soon.

This is by far the most consistent restaurant in town , you could eat 1 idly in one place and another in some other location and the blissful taste of the combination , Idli sambar and chutney wont change and you wouldn't have made any difference between the two locations. The same goes with the rest of their menu.

Their tag line is Fresh Food, Fast and they deliver. In short consistency across branches, tasty food delivered fast, makes this my new favorite in town. It also says that the science behind cooking their dishes is well understood, else its close to impossible to be that consistent , that tasty and that quick. Mr Vasudev knows what he's cooking and can reproduce it any where and that's why its a game changer for this particular cuisine !

Bisi Bhele Bath , fantastic and tangy

Rava Idli, great combination of the aloo saagu and chutney.

• Like 4

Was over at Sri Guru Kottureshwara Benne Dosa Hotel, Basavanagudi.

Davangere Benne Dosa. Delicious! @ Rs 32

Here is his Menu! His other specialties are Girmit (like bhel puri), Mirchi bajji, Halasandi vada, Avalakki oggarane, Mandakki oggarane!

Location : 49/1, Subbaraoshetty Road, Netkallappa Circle, Basavanagudi, Bangalore

Timings : 8am - 1pm & 4:30pm - 10pm, No Holidays

• Like 5

Fish and Chips NZ style. Good crunch to the beer batter and melt-in-the-mouth snapper but no skill in flavouring. No surprises here. I'm all for restaurants making a nice profit, but after a half hour wait, at $27 from an informal kitchen in Paeroa, didn't make a lot of sense. 

In Ohope, the beautiful vast beach next to Whakatane in east NZ. Advertized as "Tropo Explosion" featuring pineapple, mango , guava and whatnot, what I eventually got was a low-voltage one dimensional smoothie! 

The view compensated. Went back for a break to my NZ first-base Whakatane. This is Kohi Point - spent a long time lying down here. 

• Like 5

UP Bhai, those fish and chips have got me drooling (although you haven't rated it well for the flavor). Lovely take.

• Like 1

Started off with dalitoy and ended up with Pappu Annam (daal & rice). Delicious anyway:

:)

• Like 5

Started off with dalitoy and ended up with Pappu Annam (daal & rice). Delicious anyway:

attachicon.gifDaalRicePaapad.JPG

smile.png

any kind of Dal and Rice is my favourite food. Contrary to what many think, it's not easy to make,  getting that last 'pinch' of taste and flavour can be very difficult and exacting. 

• Like 3

Weekly staple. Rib ends & spicy bbq sauce and southern mustard sauce:

• Like 5

Cholestrol be damned !!!

After a long long time, I succumbed to my passion for plain simple lobster !

• Like 6

Was over at Casablanka at Banashankari 2nd stage.

Greed - Stuffed Chicken Breast topped with spinach sauce!

• Like 4