Gourmet India
Suresh Hinduja

Food Photo blog II

Burnt Ends,........ what can I say. smile.png

It's meaty flavor concentrated into each piece of meat. Frankly, I've never eaten more meaty meat. tongue.png

Generally 'ends' of BBQ beef brisket or sometimes pork,  lightly flavored with salt. Pepper. That's it. There is nothing else. The accompanying sauce is tomato based and tangy tasty. The below is from he place I did not like (a bit dry, but still good):

Meat heaven/coma. biggrin.png

Edited by Sekhar
  • Like 4

We went to the temple in Atlanta on Saturday and as the poojas were taking longer than usual (normal for a Saturday) we went to the temple kitchen to appease another god. Idli and tomato rice (really good):

Later, to Batavia, a small Idonesian restoran with a little store inside. Off the beaten track in a side lane, as I prefer my restaurants.  :)

Buffet:

I should have really gone for the buffet. Nasi Goreng:

I was not in a mood for beef so they made us a special soup with chicken. Excellent, real fresh coconut milk, fresh and bright. smile.png

http://www.gourmetindia.com/uploads/monthly_05_2014/post-246-0-02049900-1400519284.jpghttp://www.gourmetindia.com/uploads/monthly_05_2014/post-246-0-15259700-1400519287.jpg

Edited by Sekhar
  • Like 5

And the dry anchovies and "asli" sambal paste bought at the Indonesian restaurant:

Telangana style Liver Fry (Kaarjam Koora) :

Edited by Sekhar
  • Like 4

Lovely Shekar ! I am pleasantly surprised that Newt state has an indonesian restaurant. How was the sambhal paste ? Indonesian version is much different than the Malay version. 

If there are times when you just wish there was a McD or a KFC so that you could atleast have something to quench your thirst and remove those hunger pangs ? Then this is it !

Offal meat done right is yummy ! But in a place not exactly know for its cuisine, and in a city angry at itself. Food is just another category of things to take care of !

What else can one say ? The guy puts the bread, right on the stone table ! 

Edited by anil
  • Like 4

How was the sambhal paste ? Indonesian version is much different than the Malay version. 

Yet to use it properly. I picked up the paste at the suggestion of the waitress. This paste she said was specially good with dry anchovies, there were other varieties as well.

From the little I've  tasted so far it's got a nice bite of ripe (not dry) red chillies, tomatoes and has a faint 'aroma' of dry anchovies. 

I plan to stir fry the anchovies and add a bit of the paste towards the end.  I tasted some similarly made anchovies at the restaurant, it also had peanuts.

Edited by Sekhar

In the land of midnight sun:

Bring sackful of money !! :)

• Like 4

The best Chinese BBQ, in a long time:

Sky BBQ, Atlanta:

Roast Duck:

Honey BBQ Pork & Crispy Skin Pork:

• Like 3