Gourmet India
Sign in to follow this  
Bumblebee

Visa Renewal

Hi,

I will fly to Delhi 30 July. I will apply for a VISA the coming weeks which will be valid untill mid January 2008 then.

I was wondering how things go when you renew your visa. Let's say I feel in november I want to fly to Nepal. Mid December I decide I want to go back to India; my VISA is still valid, but only for some 3 weeks, and since I want to stay longer than that in India, my question is; do they provide you a new VISA if your present one is still valid (though not long enough for your travel needs)?

I mean, are they strict and do they say; it's still valid, so you don't get a new one yet? I hope not, cause this would make traveling very restrictive and bound to dates..

Anyone knows about this?

They cancel the Existing visa and then Issue a New visa. Your visa will be again valid for 6 months.You should not have any problems when you are applying from Nepal for the first time. You can also consider going to Sri-Lanka or Bangkok for a New visa if you happen to be in south India In November.

As Batistuta says, you can get a new visa in Nepal, Sri Lanka, Bangkok.. but you can't get a new visa (or an extension) in India.

There are exceptions to this rule in extreme circumstances, such as serious illness, but for normal circumstances you must get your new visa outside India.

As Batistuta says, you can get a new visa in Nepal, Sri Lanka, Bangkok.. but you can't get a new visa (or an extension) in India.

So how does getting into one of those cities work? Do you need something visa-like to enter Thailand, Sri Lanka etc even if you are visiting for nothing more than to extend your Indian visa?

So how does getting into one of those cities work? Do you need something visa-like to enter Thailand, Sri Lanka etc even if you are visiting for nothing more than to extend your Indian visa?

If you need a visa to enter whatever country you plan to go to, then you need a visa even if your only purpose for going there is to apply for another Indian visa. Who needs a visa to enter any particular country depends on the visitor's country of citizenship and whether the host country requires citizens of the visitor's country to have a visa in order to enter. We don't know your citizenship and I'm not sure anyone here is qualified to advise you regarding the visa requirements for entering any country other than India. And I should make clear that if you are talking about a tourist visa, you don't/can't "renew" them. You have to apply for a whole new visa, and the process is longer and more complicated when you do that from some country other than the country of your citizenship.

I understand that you will not be issued with a visa in Nepal if your last Indian visa has recently expired or is about to expire.

Global Visas is an international immigration consultancy firm providing a wide variety of global immigration and visa services. With over 15 years experience in the business and having helped tens of thousands of people immigrate, travel and work around the world, there should be no other company that you could trust your visa with.

For more information visit: Indian Visa

I have a question, I would like to open new topic.

I stayed in India for 10 years on student visas. last 6 years I was doing research work. my institute was in Andhra pradesh but I was staying in Gujarat. I tried to explain to police institute had no objection I was staying elsewhere but Andhra police had problem.
last year I returned to slovenia, my country and I applied for student visa for India, Gujarat. they said my institute rejected invitation. at institute they denied this and refused to give another invitation letter.
now I am planning to apply for one year turist visa. do you think is it big possibility it gets rejected because I was staying in Gujarat being registered in Andhra? what are the consequences if you stay elsewhere from place of registration? I completed and started new research work during this time. I studied also in Gujarat which I explained to police.
thank you so much
my e-mail: padmasrimsrim9@yahoo.com
padma
  • Like 1