Gourmet India
Sign in to follow this  
cyberhippie

Getting To Nepal

Thanks again doc - just ordered the book from Amazon. Any info on prices for various flights in and around

Nepal. Everest flight looks a must do. Any weblinks appreciated. .

Where can you get a good western meal in Kathmandu after weeks of Dal Bat

Almost anywhere in Thamel. Restaurants are very Western - lots of steak on the menu. The Everest Steak House's 'Trekker Special' should satisfy the cravings of the world's most inveterate carnivore. NRs. 600 - have a defibrillator handy. Name escapes me, but I had a great Mexican Chilli in Thamel, too. A few days there and you'll be looking forward to another Dhaal Bhaat.

Same goes for Pokhara - Nepali, Tibetan, Indian, Western, Thai, Korean, Japanese - all available.

Thanks again doc - just ordered the book from Amazon. Any info on prices for various flights in and around

Nepal. Everest flight looks a must do. Any weblinks appreciated. .

Everest flight was $US120. Booked in Thamel, Kathmandu. Worth every cent.

I flew from Pokhara to Kathmandu - that was $US60 (if memory serves) for a very short flight. I got the bus the other way - only a few quid.

Pokhara up to Jomsom to start the trek was $US69 - a stunning flight over the Himalayas.

Nepal. Everest flight looks a must do. Any weblinks appreciated.

• Like 1