YETI

Arambol's Serial Killer ?

26 posts in this topic

I haven't been to Arambol for over 20 years, but it sounds like it's been 'found', is there electricity there now too?

I am coming from the viewpoint of one who was deeply and personally involved with both Thomas and one of his victims, our karate sensai. I had been with both of them only 3 days before the events mentioned.

Thomas Grosse, as he called himself, told me that he was a Hungarian refugee from the 1956 crisis, who was brought up in Switzerland.

Alexi never existed. However, the 3rd and final victim of that night's horrors was our (Thomas Grosse, a Frenchman named Gilles and myself) karate teacher. He was my dear friend and very much a saintly person - an aesthete, yogi, karateka (beyond black belt), musician and beautiful man. His name was Ruben Filian and he was a Russian Armenian, at a time, during the cod war, when there were no other Russians in Goa.

I am currently working on a book, detailing the events leading up to the murders, from my perspective. I am also researching everything I can on the subject, so it will be slightly less subject to my memory and personal viewpoint.

I am surprised that I never came across this discussion before. If anyone knows more, please post. I am currently in Goa and intend to visit the offices of the two English language newspapers, at that time, to view their archives of the period.

2 people like this

Ruben Filian was my uncle Tarotray. I have some old newspapers with articles on this issue and can share in private. Would be nice to hear more about his life in Goa.

Ruben Filian was my uncle Tarotray. I have some old newspapers with articles on this issue and can share in private. Would be nice to hear more about his life in Goa.

For everyone's information, I am now in touch with Vartan and we are busy sharing knowledge of Ruben's all too short life. This is an ongoing story.

2 people like this

If anyone has an interest in this story, Vartan Karapetian, ruben's nephew, who posted above, is flying in to visit me at my home, this evening. I shall see him, tomorrow.

I am, as I type, digitizing Ruben's last recording. I finally found the tape, which I had recorded, using a recording walkman, 3 days before he died, in January 1983. He was doing what he always did so well - making music for the people, singing and playing his guitar.

I remember that there were a dozen or so people present. Ruben had a habit of playing for an hour or so and then, when the atmosphere had become completely lighted up, he could be found, sitting quietly at the back of the room (or cave, in this case), just enjoying the atmosphere that he, himself had created.

It seems that I have about 40 minutes of his music, on that tape. Now that it is degitized and preserved for the rest of the World, I shall put it online, somewhere and let anyone, who wants to know, where they can download it.

Please, post here if you have any interest in obtaining that recording.

2 people like this

On ‎23‎/‎05‎/‎2014 at 5:56 PM, Vartan Karapetian said:

Sorry for my bad English. I'm french.

I was in Arambol at this time. I stayed for 3 months there. I remember this night. I remember how was the days after these terrible murders. If somebody want to know more about it, I can say all I remember.

A friend of mine just arrived the day before and we rented a house between the village and the lake. Somebody came at our house in the night but we didn't open the door because we were two girls and we were afraid. We didn't know what happened but we were afraid about robers.

When we awake early in the morning somebody explain us what happened in the night.

Most of people lived Arambol the day after, but we stayed fews weeks more....