Gourmet India
YETI

Arambol's Serial Killer ?

YETI    0

The latest Rough Guide to Goa has an odd entry on it's Arambol page. It makes a brief mention of a Czech serial killer, Thomas Goss, who supposedly murdered three backpackers on Lakeside beach in 1983.

It strikes me as odd that no-one in Arambol has ever mentioned this to me - you hear all manner of weird stories of mad stuff that people have got up to over the years but this is far and away the most bizarre and disturbing. I've stayed in Arambol for months on end now and I've never heard it mentioned.

A guy I met in Nepal reckoned he was there when it happened - according to him an acid casualty was running around the beach screaming 'I am the last of the mohicans' one night. The next morning there were a number of bodies on the beach that had been scalped! I take this with a pinch of salt, though, as he's also the same bloke who told me that 'www' is the '666' foretold in The Book Of Revelation and that all computers are the work of the Devil. So he's probably not the most reliable of sources. :winkiss:

Has anyone else ever heard this grisly tale?

A quick google didn't show anything.

how odd. I take it that this hasn't been in previous editions? if not, I wonder why it has slipped in now?

doc, that chap in nepal sounds perfectly legitimate. I don't know about you but I sit here wrapped in garlic and crosses whilst i'm using this infernal device. :)

noflylist    0

For fun, I checked www.666.com, guess what...

It has a travel blog!

YETI    0

how odd. I take it that this hasn't been in previous editions? if not, I wonder why it has slipped in now?

Yeah, I've never seen it before. It's only in the 'Goa' edition - not the main 'India' one. And it's only a brief mention - a short preamble to the various crime problems you might encounter in Goa - theft, drugs, etc. Nothing as serious as this guy.

doc, that chap in nepal sounds perfectly legitimate. I don't know about you but I sit here wrapped in garlic and crosses whilst i'm using this infernal device. :)

:( Odd chap. Funnily enough, he seemed to be able to shrug off his hatred of the devil's machines when I invited him and his g/f round to watch 'Kundun' on my laptop one evening. ;)

He's not a patch on the bloke in Varkala who reckons he has conclusive proof that time is pre-ordained, though. :D 'They' (wooooooh) tried to murder him over it, apparently.

What is it about India that attracts these loonspuds? :(

Guest priya   
Guest priya

What is it about India that attracts these loonspuds? :)

Do you not think we were all 'relatively' normal before going to India? :( :D

YETI    0

I had heard tale of a Cornish Serial Drinker who uses Arambol as his base.

That's more worrying. Serial killers I can handle - this fella sounds like a proper wrong 'un.

Guest priya   
Guest priya

Normal NORMAL I hope not,if I am shoot me

Tony unnormal Little

Relatively, Tony, relatively :(