Gourmet India
Sign in to follow this  
noflylist

Wi-fi At Mumbai Airport

Mumbai airport is one of the most dreary places I've ever had to wait for a few hours. Grey, drab, and boring as hell. The toilets stink, there's nothing to do and the shops sell horrible tourist tack at ridiculously expensive prices.

Is having a wi-fi connection going to solve this? No, not really.

Personally, I'd prefer it if they built somewhere pleasant to sit and a decent restaurant that doesn't cost an arm and a leg.

But that's India for you: installing wi-fi before they've made the place even look nice.

See also:

Producing thousands of 4x4's before there's a decent road system, producing loads of electrical goods when they can't supply the power for them and countless other examples of trying to run before you can walk ...

Things like this don't surprise me any more but they have a horrible inevitability about them.

Doctor has made the right house call, What India needs is infrastructure, infrastructure, infrastructure...

There was one thing I really enjoyed about Mumbai airport!

While waiting for my flight home, I could rest/ sleep in these large seats. I felt a bit sad because I went home and tired, so I was really glad I could just lie in that seat with my legs up and enjoy! I haven't seen that before at other airports..

For the rest; indeed it doesn't look nice to land in Mumbai airport ;)

One positive aspect of a drab airport is if on an incoming flight, go out as fast as possible and explore the city damnit!

Also for an outgoing flight, connect using Wi-fi and write that trip report for us fellow Indiatree members since there is nothing else to do!

Mumbai airport is one of the most dreary places I've ever had to wait for a few hours...

There's a good bar downstairs at international departures!

It's a great place to have a beer, smoke a cigarette and while away the time.

On one occasion I met a friend from London who just happened to be on the same flight, and on another, I was enjoying myself so much in the bar that the airline had to come and get me because the plane was about to leave :)

I was enjoying myself so much in the bar that the airline had to come and get me because the plane was about to leave :)

Now that's a person who enjoys an occassional drink or two or three...

Hi fens

I am from the US and want to visit Mubai to attend a conference. I want to have an idea about the hotels near Mumbai airport. Can anyone help?

Welcome to the tree TrelttooB. Can you state what your budget is. Is the venue of your conference near the airport?

• Like 1