Gourmet India

And the 2014 - Best Karnataka - casual goes to Vidyarthi Bhavan.

• Like 3

I remember long ago Kali Dosa 2 per plate was one of the top moving item in VB , not the plain dosa that it offers today ,kind of  less oily set dosa  anyone recall ?  I think the earlier version had the real red masala in it , back then no body dared to serve masala dosa without red masala.

• Like 1

What year Musa?

I remember long ago Kali Dosa 2 per plate was one of the top moving item in VB , not the plain dosa that it offers today ,kind of  less oily set dosa  anyone recall ?  I think the earlier version had the real red masala in it , back then no body dared to serve masala dosa without red masala.

The poori saagu at Vidyarthi Bhavan is a relished dish as well. I am not sure if I could say its the best poori saagu dished out in Bangalore, but it definitely is a tasty breakfast!

• Like 2

@Chetan - As Hinduja-ji has practically retired from writing for GourmetIndia, kindly do him the honour of writing a send-off piece explaining how good it was to have his views and how we are now going to miss him now that he has hung up his boots and quill. Inspired by you, I might issue a similar salute later.  

• Like 2

UPN, I absolutely agree with you on this. I am timing my post, it feels like ages since we had Suresh interact / post some masti kahana and reviews on gourmetindia. He seems to be fully involved with the samay bharth ka....

Illusion!

What would a budding and gifted artist, who cannot prepare (at least he has not tried) a mouth watering, delicious "Masala Dose" and serve his family and friends, do? Cook up, oh! sorry, paint one on the canvas!

This one is completely unreal, just like the Vidyarthi Bhavan "Masale Dose" You can't have enough of it!

Thanks to Prajwal KA for coming up with the painting, and thanks to Pranav Ka for sending me the clip. WIth Arun Shankar!

Bravo Prajwal, wishing you the very best and hope to see many more illusory read, mind blowing stuff!

-Chidananda Rupah Shivoham Shivoham

VBpaint.thumb.jpg.f2dd9b3e9f5a8f3aba92c3

• Like 1