Gourmet India
Sign in to follow this  
YETI

Greetings From Pokhara!

Book? But that'd mean - working.

<shudders> :D

:yahoo: You're getting to sound like a stuck record :D Just give in and write the bloody thing ......... I'll only carry on nagging until you do!

Honestly, some of the stuff out there that passes for 'Travel Writing', and even sells for heaven's sake, is utter junk. Your photos are fabulous and your writing hilarious, so just get on with it, please. (Is it possible to write gently whilst lying in a hammock????????? :rolleyes: )

Agree with Judi..........I've always enjoyed Doc's writings. Maybe a laptop hammock that swings in unison with doc's is required. The world needs a bit of quality gonzo now that Hunter S has fallen from his perch.

Leith

Maybe a laptop hammock that swings in unison with doc's is required.

Or a gorgeous secretary who can take dictation? :blush:

Yeah, Doc. Get cracking! It would be FABULOUS! I'll be your literary agent, between stints booking tourists on Jyoti and Shilpa's Magical Mystery, History and Gastronomy Tours of Delhi!

This is all very flattering but I honestly don't think it'd sell.

As a blog it's a bit of a laugh but as a book? Nah, I don't buy it - who wants to read about some pissed dropout in a hammock? I know I wouldn't.

Now - if I had a purpose (of the top of my head - tracing the Ganges to it's source, following in the footsteps of someone famous, going back home overland or something etc.) then yeah, maybe.

But that would mean abandoning the hammock. And doing stuff.

And that simply wouldn't do.

I also quite like the idea of just keeping a blog and giving people a bit of a laugh for nothing - I don't really think anything I write is a major contribution to literature or anything lofty like that so I don't really think I should get paid for it. Other writers seem to think differently but then a lot of other writers have grossly inflated opinions of themselves. I read that 'Road To Kathmandu' recently and the writing was so bad it was funny.

Ultimately, though, I just can't be arsed. Story of my life but I'm happy that way.

It's nice that you all like what I have to say, though. Thank you. :blush: