Gourmet India
Sign in to follow this  
YETI

Greetings From Pokhara!

Hi folks,

Just a quick message to say hello to everyone. I've been in Nepal for just over two weeks now and am enjoying it a lot. The scenery's every bit as spectacular as I'd been led to believe and the people are friendly and welcoming.

So far I've had a few days in and around Kathmandu; the highlights being a Full Moon night at the Great Stupa in Boudanath (butter lamps everywhere, monks chanting, just beautiful) and witnessing my first open-air cremation at Pashupatinath. Mind-boggling, but in a good way iyswim.

I've had a few days in Bhaktapur where I spent a King's ransom on the world's most beautiful thangka despite not having a wall to hang it on (Doh!) and I spent a night in Nagarkot wanting a mountain-fix but was sadly denied by a massive wall of cloud.

I'm now in Pokhara which is very touristy around Lakeside so I've headed off to the other side of the lake where I've got a brilliant little room with mountain views for all of about a quid a night. Wonderful. I doubt I'll be moving far from here for a while - it's a beautifully peaceful spot.

If you want to keep track of what I'm up to, I've finally got my own website - it's called 'Out There Somewhere' and it's here.

OK. That's about it for now. Hope you're all well.

Cheers,

Dr F. O_O

PS - This the gob-smacking view from Anadu on a clear day - Click! :bigsmile: :naughty: O_O

Nice new site Doc! Now we now where you are!!

Wow! Great photo Doc, wondered where you were, thought the Dacoits had got you!

Are you still heading for Lhasa? I've put my trip to Kailash off for a year,thought i'd better get super fit before I attempt the Kora of Kailash. :bigsmile: KK

Guest priya

A stunning pic, Dr. F. Keep 'em coming - even if it is just to make us envious :bigsmile:

Good to hear from you, Doc. The view is absolutely stunning k020.gif , and I can easily understand you don't want to go anywhere else at the moment! Enjoy it.

:bigsmile:

Doc,

I left a message on your site, in the customarily abusive style which you encourage. Unfortunately some sort of moderator bumped it and it never appeared. So perhaps this is the place to call you a work-shy, carbon-spewing, unreconstructed sloth-wallah and tell you how much I'm looking forward to more ghastly tales of dietary woes?

Either way - it's great to have you back on-line and suitably located. I love Pokhara, though it's twenty years since I was there - hope it hasn't changed.

Take care and look forward to your next installments.

Good on ya Doc. Always good to hear tales of someone enjoying themselves.

Whats the weather like there this time of year.

Leith

Hi Dr. Good to hear from you once again.

.......so I've headed off to the other side of the lake where I've got a brilliant little room with mountain views for all of about a quid a night. Wonderful. I doubt I'll be moving far from here for a while - it's a beautifully peaceful spot.

Yeah we can understand it will be like your Kashmir trip :clapping: .

Ha ha ha….. enjoy your trip and if possible, next installment plz.