Gourmet India
Sign in to follow this  
jyoti14

Leaving For Nepal On Monday

So, it seems absurd that I've been here six months... Dude, I'm actually here, after 2 years of waiting! And, Monday I get to go to Nepal. I've been so distracted by personal stuff going on, it took my friend reminding me ("Isn't that where you wanted to go in the first place?") to realize: I'M ACTUALLY GOING TO NEPAL!!!!

so, is anyone in Kathmandu in the next couple weeks? (And no single guys that I don't know!). Or is there anything I HAVE TO DO while I'm there? I'll only be in the city, for now, but for almost four weeks...

I am torn between :) and :) .

Guest priya

Whatever you're feeling Jyoti - it seems terribly exciting. Just enjoy and go with the flow :)

I just came back from Nepal on Febr. 12

My husband and I have had a great time.

We stayed 2 weeks in Kathmandu, in a great guesthouse: Tibet Guesthouse ( very friendly and helpful staff, clean, cosy furnitured rooms, great food, Indian, Nepali, Chinese and continental food, choice between real luxury and standard rooms, good value for your money) ( I can give you the website and their emailaddress if you want)

There is so much to see in Kathmandu and surroundings. Don't miss the cosy Thamel!! Thousands of shops, restaurants etc.

Also on Durbar Square, Bodnath, Pashupatinath, and Swayambunath you can easily spend a few days.

The cities of Patan and Bhaktapur are just one hour or so from Kathmandu. In Bhaktapur you'll feel like in the Middle Ages.

Hire a car and go to Dhulikel or Nagarkot (Maybe stay there for one night to watch sunset and sunrise over the Himalya, beautiful!!) Walk through the villages, the people are so friendly.

But most of all: enjoy and wonder.

Jyoti, you must be in Kathmandu by now.

Let's hear your experiences :sweating: