anil

NYC

38 posts in this topic

How can one ignore the life of a city pub.

Fusion on the West 50s is the clean slick lounge/pub/bar.

Edited by anil

Some Cuban Jazz, mojito and peranil...

A new wine bar in my neighborhood.

A new wine bar in my neighborhood.

Where's whisky Anil :)

More bars in my neighborhood series -

1 person likes this

Yet another busy busy manhattan watering hole.

1 person likes this

Good to know that you are in manhattan anil.

I had been to manhattan at the beginning of January this year. Since I was not familiar with restaurants and my training class was at the Empire State building, I just looked for a desi restaurant around there and ate there. It wasn't as good as I would have thought, but it was far better than the chinese takeaway I had at night. The gravy was not gravy, but just oil. After I shared my experience of chinese takeaway food with another friend, he told me never to try chinese takeaways around manhattan.

The streetfood - middle-east/greek cuisine(? not sure) - gyro - with sauce, some rice on the side and lettuce was much tastier and looked good too. Falafel from street vendors was good too.

Good to know that you are in manhattan anil.

I had been to manhattan at the beginning of January this year. Since I was not familiar with restaurants and my training class was at the Empire State building, I just looked for a desi restaurant around there and ate there. It wasn't as good as I would have thought, but it was far better than the chinese takeaway I had at night. The gravy was not gravy, but just oil. After I shared my experience of chinese takeaway food with another friend, he told me never to try chinese takeaways around manhattan.

The streetfood - middle-east/greek cuisine(? not sure) - gyro - with sauce, some rice on the side and lettuce was much tastier and looked good too. Falafel from street vendors was good too.

I was in town for part of january. Anyways Chinatown is in Manhattan, there are decent chinese takeouts, but not every place. Desi Indian restaurants around 34th & 5th are rare. According to some estimates, there are over 200 Indian restaurants in Manhattan alone. Of which maybe 10-15 are worth a visit.

Wine bar in Hell's Kitchen

A few more bars from the neighborhood.