Gourmet India
Sign in to follow this  
abhijitsur

Jagadalpur

Many of you might have learnt about Jagadalpur eventhough the place little bit out of main tracks.

Approach: 300 Km from Raipur and Vizag. From Raipur only road connection but from Vizag one can go by train also. The journey is beautiful through tunnels and forests of Eastern Ghats.

Places to see: Formidable Chitrakote Falls( Horse shoe fall like Niagra ), Tirothgarh Falls ( Exciting! ), Kanger Valley National Park, Dandak Cave, Kailash cave, Kutumsar cave.

One can drive 86 km to Danteshwari where Goddess Durga lost her teeth!!! If you further preceed you will reach Akash nagar of Bailadilla Iron Ore range. The steep climb to Akash Nagar is simply superb! If you stand in any of the few View points of Akash Nagar you will feel like at the top of the world. The strong breeze will sweep you off your feet. The vastness of iron ore reserve will astonish you. Then you will understand why Japanese made the railways from Vizag to Kiranduke through such useless terrain!!

Dear Abhijit

Could you please provide a bit of detail about name of the train, train station, and journey time for vizag-jagadalpur-vizag, as the IR website apprently has no such info. It will be very nice if u could also provide info about availability of budget accommodation at Jagdalpur and sorrounding areas.

The train starts from Vizag at 0745 hrs. It reaches via Araku Valley to Jagadalpur at 1730 hrs. For reservation through IRCTC use vskp for Visakhapatnam and jdb for Jagadalpur. Try to travel in 1st class as that is the only train in this route it accommodates everybody in 2nd class. No AC coaches. You are welcome for any futher queries.

For accommodation Hotel Rainbow is the best. Second best is Akansha. Charges are nominal within Rs500 for ordy rooms.

Thanks Abhijit.
Your info has really helped me to put Jagdalpur on my future itinerary. Earlier I was always off-put by thoutgt of 300km bus journey from Raipur. I definitely will need you advice as I go on to give a more concrete shape to my plans. Thanks again.