Gourmet India
Sign in to follow this  
Jock & Di

Ryan Chambers

First of all thanks to John for including a page for Ryan on this new site [url="http://www.theindiatree.co.uk/ryanchambers.html"](Click Here)[/url]. We were disappointed that Indiamike closed as it provided a lot of comfort and support from people from all over the world as well as practical help. Thanks to John Ber who started the thread in UK almost 9 months ago.

While there were not a lot of posts of late on the old site, things were continuing on the ground north of Rishikesh. There were several "sightings" of Ryan in December from the MansaDevi, Haridwar area reported by our Investigation team. Now an American and an Indian Swami have reported sightings at Kalimath about 2 months ago. The headmen there are convinced the subject was Ryan. We are unable to confirm these reports but they certainly give us encouragement. We are concentrating on the four dhams- Gangotri (which Aaron and I visited when it was almost a ghost town in November due to the cold), Yumnotri, Badrinath and Kedarnath.

We are still getting mixed messages about the Special Investigation Team which was to be set up by the Governor of Uttaranchal when we called on him. We have heard from the Australian High Commission that a SIT was set up at the beginning (when there were no leads) but is not in existence now that we have some reasonable leads!!

In any event we are pressing the Australian authorities to sort this out and have the SIT reformed. We will go back to the Governor or the Chief Minister if necessary. Interesting that the "sightings" have come through OUR private investigation team.

Kind regards

Jock and Di

jock and di
I am pleased that you made it here as you are often in my thoughts and prayers.
please keep us posted - there are many of us here thinking of you.

Happy to see you here jock and di!
You and Ryan are always in our thoughts as iwanttogoback said.

A big hug.

Thanks for the update, Jock & Di.

There's still a lot of love and support out here for you - some of us just moved 'homes', that's all.

[quote name='Judi' post='2476' date='May 11 2006, 02:54 AM']Thanks for the update, Jock & Di.

There's still a lot of love and support out here for you - some of us just moved 'homes', that's all.[/quote]

I can't say it better than that.

I wish you all the best.

Guest priya
Although it's been a long time Jock and Di be assured that you are in a lot of peoples' thoughts and prayers. Stay positive.

Just bumping this up to give it more prominence again.

Guest Shanthi
[quote name='Jock & Di' post='5545' date='May 24 2006, 11:21 AM']Missing 9 months today! Still Searching![/quote]

Jock & Di, hey there from all of us at Shanthi. On a day like today please know that our hearts are with you......and always will be. I find myself taking a double take at many young people I see perhaps wandering alone, even all the way down here iat Shanthi - especially those who look lost. We believe with all our hearts that that is all Ryan is - "lost", and that one day he'll be back in your lives forever again - completing you as a family once more. We can't imagine all you have been through in the past year but know truly, that Ryan and your lovely family are never far from our thoughts. God bless and strengthen you all.........

Dear Jock & Di,

I hope not much more time passes before you get some positive news.

And, Shanthi, you have truly expressed what we all feel