Gourmet India
Sign in to follow this  
Plavaneeta Borah

Rendezvous with Chef Alfonso Montefusco of Bengaluru Marriott Hotel Whitefield

EarnesTaster    279

@[member="Suresh Hinduja"] - Sirji, What is your choice for the best Italian restaurant in Bangalore, and if such a label exists in your book, what are your favourite memories from that place?

Suresh Hinduja    768

@EarnesTaster
My favourite italian so far has been the Aloro Restaurant at The Oterra Hotel now renamed as the Crowne plaza Hotel. I had assessed their brilliance way back in 2009 and now, in the last few years, everybody (who matters) agrees with me. This may change now as there are 3 new hotels this year. I will be also reviewing Chef Alfonso Montefusco's offerings in a couple of weeks. I am looking forward to any Italian restaurant that has a different spin to it's food. New Age, is the term I am looking for. The standard offerings from the Italian regions are getting to be boring now.

• Like 1

EarnesTaster    279

@Plavaneeta Borah- I would have got into fisticuffs with this Alfonso Montefusco because he says "Tell me, why do you Indians put so much chilli into your food?". The reflex answer for that is "Why is Italian food so bland?" But then I understood why you didn't follow my impulses - "Athithi devo bhava". Is Montefusco aware of Kashmiri cuisine,the Konkan genre, Gujarati food, Awadhi delicacies, or any of the dozens of Bengali classical vegetable preparations that Gautamda talks about? The state which Montefusco is currently  in, has Anna Sambhar as its staple -a non-spicy food- and irrespective of whether they had a chilli-laced meal, the people here mostly wrap up their meal with curd rice - again nothing spicy about it. How will overseas chefs realize that Indian cuisine has a eclectic magnificence that also involves a huge number of non-spicy delicacies, unless we correct them when they drop these stereotypical comments that belittle Indian food? Moreover, I think Suresh Hinduja no longer has issues when people put up links to their websites while not even posting their article here -he'd said long ago in these columns that he doesn't mind links being posted below as long as the full article itself is put up here.

@Suresh Hinduja - Sirji, as you've been kind enough to answer as above, please allow me to bother you further with a few more questions. Toscano still has a devoted admirer-base which considers it the No.1 Italian joint in Bangalore. I haven't been able to follow-up on that feedback, but

1)do you feel that they are referring to the excellent renditions of conventional Italian fare that Toscano purportedly offers,

2)Has Italia @The Park dipped so low that you cannot award it top marks any more?

All this talk of Italy,beauty and ecstasy finally drove me,after years, to watch "I Am Love". Happy to report that it heightened the longing.

• Like 3

Sekhar    338
Moreover, I think Suresh Hinduja no longer has issues when people put up links to their websites while not even posting their article here -he'd said long ago in these columns that he doesn't mind links being posted below as long as the full article itself is put up here.

A generous man, obviously. :)

• Like 1

Suresh Hinduja    768
On 8/11/2017 at 8:18 AM, HongSar said:

The Park dipped so low that you cannot award it top marks any more?

royal1688 คาสิโนออนไลน์

For quite some time The Park has lacked a GM or an F & B director, which has left it stagnating as far as innovations are concerned.

On 8/30/2013 at 3:15 AM, EarnesTaster said:

@Plavaneeta Borah- I would have got into fisticuffs with this Alfonso Montefusco because he says "Tell me, why do you Indians put so much chilli into your food?". The reflex answer for that is "Why is Italian food so bland?" But then I understood why you didn't follow my impulses - "Athithi devo bhava". Is Montefusco aware of Kashmiri cuisine,the Konkan genre, Gujarati food, Awadhi delicacies, or any of the dozens of Bengali classical vegetable preparations that Gautamda talks about? The state which Montefusco is currently  in, has Anna Sambhar as its staple -a non-spicy food- and irrespective of whether they had a chilli-laced meal, the people here mostly wrap up their meal with curd rice - again nothing spicy about it. How will overseas chefs realize that Indian cuisine has a eclectic magnificence that also involves a huge number of non-spicy delicacies, unless we correct them when they drop these stereotypical comments that belittle Indian food? Moreover, I think Suresh Hinduja no longer has issues when people put up links to their websites while not even posting their article here -he'd said long ago in these columns that he doesn't mind links being posted below as long as the full article itself is put up here.

@Suresh Hinduja - Sirji, as you've been kind enough to answer as above, please allow me to bother you further with a few more questions. Toscano still has a devoted admirer-base which considers it the No.1 Italian joint in Bangalore. I haven't been able to follow-up on that feedback, but

1)do you feel that they are referring to the excellent renditions of conventional Italian fare that Toscano purportedly offers,

2)Has Italia @The Park dipped so low that you cannot award it top marks any more?

All this talk of Italy,beauty and ecstasy finally drove me,after years, to watch "I Am Love". Happy to report that it heightened the longing.

Toscano is now an  Italian Chain with many branches, maybe that is why many people have complained about inconsistency across their locations.