Chef Hemant Iyer

What is your take on Vah Re Vaah videos?

7 posts in this topic

Recently I have made it a point to watch as many cooking videos to make myself better informed chef.

In this process, I watched some videos by Snjay Thumma.

I raised some genuine doubts in one recipe (Butter chicken) and he banned me from his videos.

I , then watched many of his videos and found that only  sycophants are allowed to post and it seems he jelously spends time scrutinizing 

every comment that is made.

I posted some critical comments and suggestions in Chef. Harpal Sokhi and he was very gracious in accepting my suggestions and criticism.

Has any of you got a similar treatment ?

I am peeved not for being banned but for telling the truth.!! 

1 person likes this

@Chef Hemant Iyer

I am peeved not for being banned but for telling the truth.!!

Could you explain that, please.

Couple of months back I watched this video ,

He described his recipe meant for impressing other chefs so much that I thought he is going to spring a surprise like David Blain .

As it turned out and you will see, it is just an ordinary chicken curry. 

I posted this in my comments and also mentioned the fact that the photo in the description is totally different and the chicken he cooked had a drab orangish color.

He felt so offended that he banned me.

Later I wanted to see if I post with my chef id, it stayed there but later on he banned my chef, id also.

Hope this explanation suffices.

CHI

Chef Hemant Iyer, I saw the video. This is good chicken curry recipe but  he is a bit exaggerating about recipe in the beginning.   At 3.46  he says Khoya is condensed milk. About color difference, it can happen when you take picture and do few after touch ups. He could have explained you this.  I notice that he didn't use any Garam masala in this curry.

Now you can not watch any of his videos?

1 person likes this

Chef Hemant Iyer, I saw the video. This is good chicken curry recipe but  he is a bit exaggerating about recipe in the beginning.   At 3.46  he says Khoya is condensed milk. About color difference, it can happen when you take picture and do few after touch ups. He could have explained you this.  I notice that he didn't use any Garam masala in this curry.

No doubt he posts good recipe videos but if you see some more of them, you would pick some grave mistakes and so on. For example he would say " A pinch of Turmeric" and  happily he would add a couple of tsp of the same. It is not one time error, he does this very often. Less I say about some antics and Alien sounds he makes , the better,

I can watch his videos but cannot comment, 

1 person likes this

No doubt he posts good recipe videos but if you see some more of them, you would pick some grave mistakes and so on. For example he would say " A pinch of Turmeric" and  happily he would add a couple of tsp of the same. It is not one time error, he does this very often. Less I say about some antics and Alien sounds he makes , the better,

I can watch his videos but cannot comment,

Chef Hemant Iyer, such grave mistakes are seen on many food blogs and sites...very few recipe posters will graciously agree to error and correct it...few bloggers read, take note..make correction but don't publish visitors comment. Few  do publish comment but don't bother to do any corrections.  Few try to justify error in recipe.  I find in most cases people look image, praise and leave. Just yesterday I saw chapati recipe on  one popular magazine site. Published  chapati recipe is asking for 1 tbsp salt for 2 cups wheat flour, that is too much salt.  I am surprised to see this ingredient  quantity error. They have received one comment about salt quantity but I guess it will  stay  unchanged.

Edited by lady_on_recipe_hunt
2 people like this

I saw this video again after over 2 years....HAHAHAHA...
This fellow never fails to make me laugh with his antics.

1 person likes this