Gourmet India
Sign in to follow this  
ntomer

Hi from a newbie

Got Oban, Aberfeldy and Aberlour from Doha duty free. Loved Oban, rest two are ok. I bought Oban for $70. Yesterday I was at a liquor vend in Delhi, there saw Oban being sold for 4220. It is cheaper than duty-free!!! Next on line - Scapa. But can't find it anywhere...
  • Like 1

I have found this online source to buy international whiskeys letsbuydrink.com/single-malt/oban-single-malt-scotch-whisky-14-years--427.html, have not authenticated its validity and currently it caters to Mumbai and Gurgaon with more cities coming soon.
Aberfeldy available at letsbuydrink.com/single-malt/dewar-s-aberfeldy-single-malt-12-year-old-336.html

Aberlour also available at letsbuydrink.com/single-malt/aberlour-single-malt-10-year-old-342.html , no prices though, but I am guessing they will be easily double the cost of what you paid for.

So do let us know the taste of each one and the best of these....post photos if possible!

I have found this online source to buy international whiskeys letsbuydrink.com/single-malt/oban-single-malt-scotch-whisky-14-years--427.html, have not authenticated its validity and currently it caters to Mumbai and Gurgaon with more cities coming soon.
Aberfeldy available at letsbuydrink.com/single-malt/dewar-s-aberfeldy-single-malt-12-year-old-336.html

Aberlour also available at letsbuydrink.com/single-malt/aberlour-single-malt-10-year-old-342.html , no prices though, but I am guessing they will be easily double the cost of what you paid for.

So do let us know the taste of each one and the best of these....post photos if possible!

All three are available at good liquor vends in Delhi. I got Aberlour for $38 and Aberfeldy for $47. In Delhi, Aberlour if available for 3400 and Aberfeldy for 4200.

I will post photos one of these days. Time to out my D300 and Tokina 11-16 to some good use :)

• Like 2

Some pics of my collection -

Col Eela

[attachment=4513:NTP_3202.jpg]

After the Glen clan and Ard brothers, allow me to presend the Aber cousins

[attachment=4514:NTP_3203.jpg]

O Ban (said in a Punjabi accent)

[attachment=4515:NTP_3204.jpg]

• Like 2

Hi guys 

I am a beer lover and recently started a trip towards whiskey temple.

bought a couple of following to start the journey 

Glenlivet 12 YO 

Glendidich 15 YO

Ballantines finest 

100 pipers 12YO

Golfers shot ( I am surprised it tasted very good) 

VAT 69

Chivas Regal 12YO

teachers 50

in past I have tried black label, red label, teachers highland, 100 pipers, blenders pride, Rockford etc

what I failed to understand is that Indian whiskies like Rockford, golfershot, blenders pride etc taste quite good compared to their price then why is their so much craze about single malts?

I tried the glenlivet  and found it to be a little less burning in the throat, and a good after  taste but still not sure what the main fuss is about .

hope to learn more about whiskey! 

Apart from whiskey I love old monk supreme and red wines