Gourmet India
Chetan

Mysore Mylari Dosa

On my recent trip to Masinagudi , we stopped by at Mylari hotel in Mysore . The Vidyarthi Bhavan / CTR of Mysore. Its famous for its Masala Dosas .

The Dosas here are a stark contrast to what you get in Bangalore . Its not crispy nor is it easily filling . You can eat up to at least 5 Masala Dosas in a sitting compared to maybe 1 1/2 at Vidyarthi Bhavan or CTR.

The vegetable is complete different from what you would expect from a Masala Dosa. Its smashed up and absolutely delicious. Easily the 2nd best Dosa I have ever had (first being Vidyarthi Bhavan).

Here is the address :

Phone: 9448608710

Address: 79, Nazarbad , Mysore- 570010, Karnataka

Landmark: Near Nazarbad Police Station

Some Photos :

As you walk down the road ,

At the the Entrance :

The Dosas being brought out ! On a Sunday evening the rush was quite low compared to what a Bangalore hotel would have been ! But no change in the Quality of taste !

Had a filling 5 Masala Dosas @ Rs 18 / plate & nice hot cuppa coffee ! And ofcourse they dont have any branches so beware of cheap imitations of the same name ! Suggestion , if your near mysore definitely drop by at this Hotel !

Also updates on the Masinagudi trip here : http://www.gourmetindia.com/travel/topic/5695-planning-on-a-trip-to-masinagudi/

• Like 2

Thank God its Friday ?

Got some information that the Mylari hotel in Mysore had opened up a branch in Bangalore from a very reliable source. Being the Masala Dosa fan that I am, I had to hunt the place down to check it out myself. Headed over to the Intersection of DVG road and Bugle rock road as the information said and there it was!

Its called Mysore Mylari - Hotel .

Folks walking out after  Breakfast and coffee.

I was glad that the information I received was true, I was also glad that I ended up searching for it on a Friday, rather than any other day as it ensured there were no in close vicinity. ( I later found out that this is not really a branch from the Original Hotel Mylari in Mysore, but someone stealing its name and fame , see my next post)

Started with the Idli (Rs 15 per plate) , which is served with sagu, a dollop of butter and chutney , tasted pretty good and very unconventional from Bangalore's regular Idli Sambhar combo.

Then the Masala Dosa (Rs 28) .

As you can see its crisp & fluffy all in the same plate, unlike the dosa's from if clamped on a retort stand at 1/3rd Length it will NOT remain horizontal. However the taste and the essence of a good dosa are all there. Enjoyed the dosa  and unlike VB you can eat a few of these compared to 1 or maximum 2 at VB.

Overall a decent Dosa in Bangalore on a Friday. No comparison to Vidyarthi Bhavan or for that matter the Original Mylari Dosa from Mysore.

Ended breakfast with coffee and a total bill of Rs 50.

Timings : 7am - 12 PM & 4PM - 9 PM (Currently no Holidays)

Note that the seating capacity is very less and hence can get crowded quickly.

• Like 1

Called up the Original Hotel Mylari in Mysore to cross check if they really had opened up a new branch in Bangalore. They said no they had no branches and the one above in Bangalore has nothing to do with them

As the below Photo from the Original Mylari hotel in Mysore mentions "We have No branch" still holds good. Disappointed but glad I got it confirmed and happy I still have a very good reason to travel to Mysore.

gallery_408_17_190222.jpg

• Like 2

I had been went fo mysore mylari hotel whic was opened up there new branch in Bangalore, I felt very happe cuzz I can get mylari benne masala dosas now in bengalooru. I heard it is the same branch of original mylari hotel which is in nazarbad mysore. There s the Same taste, n same style, same gud service from boys whom I seen in original mylari hotel mysore. The idlys r so smooth n we wont get that type of idlys n dosas anywer in bang. n dosas are too gud compare to other dosa hotels. Dont listen to unknown people, sure its a orignal branch of mylari hotel

• Like 1

On My recent visit to the Mysore Mylari hotel in Bangalore.

Idly saagu

Saagu Masala Dosa. Although not the original Mylari dosa from Mysore, it does come close to the texture and experience.

• Like 2

Visited the Bangalore based Mysore Mylari Hotel , this evening. He seems to have thoroughly leveraged the name and also kept up with the growing crowd by dishing out a very good Saagu Masala Dosa.

This time however tried their Masala Dosa. Pretty good and definitely different from the crispy varieties , its soft like the davanagere benne masala dosas , but has the regular potato filling inside.

Good overall experience.

No different from the outside , between the saagu masala dosa and the masala dosa.

Its all on the inside.

• Like 1

On 9/8/2014 at 11:24 PM, Chetan said:

Visited the Bangalore based Mysore Mylari Hotel , this evening. He seems to have thoroughly leveraged the name and also kept up with the growing crowd by dishing out a very good Saagu Masala Dosa.

Looks like the Bangalore based Mysore Mylari hotel has closed down. BTW we had already established the fact that he was NOT associated with the original Mysore mylari hotel.

• Like 1

That we knew, but I thought a idli-dosa joint would survive nevertheless. 

Yes, would have expected an idli-dosa joint to survive, especially since it looked like he was running almost full every time I visited, though my visits were may be 2-3 times a year.