Gourmet India
mahmud

New Members

Hi ,

My interest is in history of Indian food. I love cooking for myself and very interested to know how the dishes came into present state. I love to concoct my own food(mixing Italian pastas with Indian spice). The other concern is making food affordable wherein costly ingredients are replaced and the quality is not compromised.

I am a software engineer by profession.

Regards,

Sagar

Edited by Sagar Birkar
  • Like 1

@Sagar Birkar good to know we share a common interest, mixing Italian pastas with Indian spice. What have you created so far and what according to you tastes best with these combinations ?

@jeeraluv what interests you with Asian and Indian cooking.

Hi Hungry!   I love the spiciness of Indian and Asian food.  It has so much more flavor than what I grew up with. I love to try new ingredients, and I also enjoy gardening so I can mix my love of new flavors with gardening!  I have a lovely curry leaf tree, thai basil, lemongrass, gongura, kaffir lime and galangal all growing happily outside. I will miss them all when I move up north (though I think I will take the little curry leaf tree with me - it will be an interesting trip  tongue.png .)  What style of Asian / Indian cooking is your favorite?

• Like 4

I spiced up a gnocchi. Instead of baby potatoes, I put gnocchi. The baby potatoes would be set in a spicy curry. I used gnocchi. Will share the pics. The bland and spicy mixture was funny.

• Like 1