Sign in to follow this  
anil

Restaurants and eatouts in Mumbai / Bombay

Guest purple passion

hi

my first post here it goes...

Being a vegetarian highly recommend

juhu

rain - aloo took platter, paneer dish I forget the name was mindblowing...  desert is to die for.

the veg buffet at the hare ram hare krishna temple at juhu starts with different kinds of juices- litchies, papaya, jaljira....starters - salads - pasta, chat - sev puri, dokhala/khandavi, a mic of chinese & Indian dishes a long with deserts - Indian sweets- gulab jamun, rasgola, hawa, optional ice creams - malai kulfi, etc.......

manjifera pizzas are mouth watering , platter of different kinds of cheeses, spaghetti, pastas etc are worth trying the ambience is warm.

andheri

pop tates- a favourite hangout ! sizzlers, baked dishes,mouth watering mashed potatoes, cheesy baked potato, burgers ....etc...

urban tadka - ummm! its moth watering - Indian food - black dal, methi paneer, lacha parata, veg biryani served in earthy pots, hot jelabis....

mainland china executive lunch is so reasonable, love the corn bhel... honey glazed noodles n icecream

myst - the kebab platter, chocolate shakes and desert....

kailash prabaht (opp. fame adlabs.)- the chat is yummylicious....the chat platter, ragda pattice, kulfi falooda a must have...

I love the street food in Mumbai - chats, mani dosa in bandra, vada pav.....

"Every thing is possible...even impossible means...I'M POSSIBLE".

Hi purple passion, welcome, I've been to all the places you mentioned, but where is manjifera ? Also try the Dhaba and Oshiwara, its got very good food. Keep posting :P

Guest purple passion

Manjifera is located at juhu , when tians on ur left u gotta take a right into one of the lanes, if u ask anyone there they should be able to guide u there...

I had their visiting card ....will look it up and post there contact details....

Hi purple passion, welcome, I've been to all the places you mentioned, but where is manjifera ? Also try the Dhaba and Oshiwara, its got very good food. Keep posting :(

Hey Saucy, sneha.. Are we doing our foodie evening soon? How about 6th Nov? Have you guys been to Mhmd ali road for some ramzan food? We could do it on 30th Oct also...

In Colaba near what used to be Strand Cinema is a small, non-aircon Goan restaurant called New Martin. Its not for those on a low fat diet as their pork Sorpotel and roast chicken etc are a bit oily and fatty. But the food is really good, and terrific value with most dishes under Rs. 50.

Directions: from Colaba Causeway, turn into the road leading to radio club, and take the first right. Just 100m inside on the right.

:P   :P   :P

I used to go for lunch there when I was learning French near the Taj!

You share tables with strangers but the food is great - I remember the great fish curries there....

Punjab da platter

A HISTORIAN once summed up the versatility of all that’s Punjabi with, ‘‘To the nationalist, it is inspiration, to the religious, it’s reverence and to the business-minded, it’s a flourishing strategy’’.

A half-hour wait at Chawla’s The Dhaba in Oshiwara, Andheri, proved the enterprising part correct. After a year, their daily 150 covers has shot up in leaps and never dropped. Besides the typical dhaba elements—charpoys, cutting-chai glasses and Patiala peg—they’ve also got their colourful lungi-clad waiters to break into a bhangra every hour. A few pegs down, it’s not uncommon for guests to accompany the bhangra dancers at the corner courtyard.

The Dhabha at Oshiwara is amazing, now that they have their liquor license they have people waiting to get in. Get there by 8 pm and you will get a place to sit outside, its good weather now to sit outside, they have an ac place also, which only gets full now if there is no place out in the open. Great Punjabi Tandoori food, the Maa ki Daal there is WOW :)

Get there by 8 pm and you will get a place to sit outside, its good weather now to sit outside, they have an ac place also, which only gets full now if there is no place out in the open.

When does it close ?