Gourmet India
Sign in to follow this  
anil

Restaurants and eatouts in Mumbai / Bombay

Hi guys,

Ive just joined today and it was great to see so many posts about eating joints in Mumbai....  Being from Andheri, I am an absolute fan of this restaurant next to Fame Adlabs called Salt n Pepper....its got an amazing paneer balti and dal makhani... Myst nextdoor is quite good too......

Apart from these, you should try Sheesha on the top floor of Shoppers Stop in bandra....good kebabs and moghlai food...and nice rooftop ambience...

For pastas, I love this quaint place called café Churchill on Colaba Causeway...they have the most amazing Peach iced tea too...

Oh and Maharaja at andheri east near the flyover is good for seafood....and I believe they have a quarter system too for drinks....

:) anywes...thts all frm me at the moment ........

WIll post more as I discover new places....

Cheers,

Aquahitchhiker,

Welcome to your first post.   :P

Churchill is a nice VFM place and I used to frequent it often in Bombay until this happened :)

I've never had a problem with Chef Hubert's food except for that incident and hopefully the management has now improved.

Hi guys,

Ive just joined today and it was great to see so many posts about eating joints in Mumbai....  Being from Andheri, I am an absolute fan of this restaurant next to Fame Adlabs called Salt n Pepper....its got an amazing paneer balti and dal makhani... Myst nextdoor is quite good too......

Apart from these, you should try Sheesha on the top floor of Shoppers Stop in bandra....good kebabs and moghlai food...and nice rooftop ambience...

For pastas, I love this quaint place called café Churchill on Colaba Causeway...they have the most amazing Peach iced tea too...

Oh and Maharaja at andheri east near the flyover is good for seafood....and I believe they have a quarter system too for drinks....

:P anywes...thts all frm me at the moment ........

WIll post more as I discover new places....

Cheers,

Hey ya ! Welcome

These are some of the obvious places and have become quite popular and crowded....

Speaking of quarter system places with Excellentfood-- Janta at Pali Naka does one of the best Tangri kababs and Tandoori Jhinga .. and this is from a guy who has worked at Bukhara.

Harish at Irla is another for good seafood.

Most of the times these are better than the Trishnas and Mahesh LH...

AH - Welcome here, Regency next to andheri flyover gives you a seafood platter that 4 people cannot finish, I took some Mangalorean clients there and they said wow, too much.... also sheetal at juhu is re-furbished and yuummm.. Myst is my fav for pastas   :P

GS - we gotta do that when I get back from overseas, soon ok.. maybe AH wants to join as well huh ??

Tomato - Yes Elcos is still around, when did you last go there ? They have a aircon place upstairs now, it looks a more dignified chaat house than the roadside thing it used to be. The paani puri is best there, after kailash parbhat off course, we even have kp at andheri, new link road, opp fame adlabs, now :P

Whats in a name - everything, nothing ????

Zouk, Zaha, Zenzi .... now what do they mean ?

These are the names of some of the trendy hotspots in Mumbai city. But what do they really mean ?

Zouk - A popular dance music of the French West Indies, combining African drumming styles with influences from American and Caribbean popular music.

Where: Hotel Imperial Palace, Mumbai

+++

Zaha - Origin Arabic means Solitude

Where: The Leela, Mumbai

+++

Zenzi - means absolutely nothing, the owners just made up that name. Like we said, whats in a name huh ? :P

Where: Waterfield Road, Bandra

What about Stomach, it's a chinese restaurant.Close to my house is Shatranj an italian restaurant.   :P

Hi Saucy, Are u back in Mumbai? Are we on for a foodie evening? I ve got about 6 people.

Hey Sneha ! I stay near Shatranj too... Tried any new places in Bandra?

GS - Hi there, I never cud leave becoz of the deluge, but I have been extremely busy with work. Next week looks even worse :( I will surely be in touch with you soon.