Gourmet India
Sign in to follow this  
anil

Restaurants and eatouts in Mumbai / Bombay

While many top notch restaurants are affliated with 5* hotels, there are still some which are independent and my favourite in BOM.
For vegetarian Thali - Rajdhani near Crawford Market - A cramped and small restaurant which fresh hot thali food.

[More later ]

• Delicious 1

It's been over a year that I moved from Mumbai to Bangalore and I hope that it hasnt changed much. Nothing to do with my not being there :P

Another great thali place is Chetna at Kalaghoda - Fort.

Puri bhaji at Pancham Puriwalla opp V.T. Station.

Indigo at Colaba has excellent cuisine and the last time I thoroughly enjoyed some excellent Duck cooked rare in red wine. They have a reasonable collection of malts too.  

Coming on to Colaba causeway is café Olympia where one can feast on Bheja masala, a benchmark Chicken biryani followed by a near perfect Caramel Custard, all this for about Rs. 100.

Across the road and in the lane is café Baghdadi where you can get a humungous chicken piece in a masala gravy with a big Khameeri roti for under Rs. 60. More than a meal.

More to follow and keep Anil some company. :)

Anil,

did u get a chance to eat at Mohamedalli road?

I've eaten there and my non Indian belly survived. Again it's the whisky that acts as a disinfectant. :) That side of the road is like a trip to pakistan.

Anil,

did u get a chance to eat at Mohamedalli road?

Not this go around, but café Noorani was one of the places I used to have lunch when in the neighborhood.

café Noorani at Haji Ali is as good as any Mohamadalli road joint and with a somewhat cleaner environment. My favourite combi used to be Roti, Reshmi Kababs/Tangdi and plain Dal. One has to stress on the word 'plain' dal or else they serve you the tadka dal and I prefer the former.

There is an interesting place next door that is open only for dinner. :)

Last week we went to a konkani restaurant called Highway Gomantak at Bandar (E). Being a vegetarian I cant comment on the food but our out of town guests(pucca fish eaters) thoroughly enjoyed it.

Last week we went to a konkani restaurant called Highway Gomantak at Bandar (E). Being a vegetarian I cant comment on the food but our out of town guests(pucca fish eaters) thoroughly enjoyed it.

It is a very good restaurant in Bandra. Known for its inexpensive curry rice plates.

Suresh,

how cud you forget the "Drinking Factory" man ? we all had the most amazing time there, ya ?

Saucy

ok, im from Bombay, how many people here are from Bombay, lets all meet once in a while at a different restaurant and try the different cuisines ? we all go dutch ok, what say huh ?