This is my first microwave recipe and probably the first and BEST EVER CRISPY & CRUNCHY FRIED FISH I have ever tried or should I say this is the best alternative to deep fried fish, cooked in just 2 tbsp of oil. Initially I planned just for a Fish Fry recipe, but with some settings changed in the microwave, it turned crispy and crunchy :-) I thought my experiment failed completely this time , but when I tasted the fry, it was so crispy and crunchy ,tasted just like deep fried fish ,the taste was also awesome :-) In this recipe I have used a whole pomfret a little over 1 lbs.;depending on the size and number of the fish ,the cooking time and power level will change.
- 1.1 lbs. whole pomfret
- 1 green chili, with very little heat, mostly used for flavors. Can use 1 tsp red chili powder instead if you want more heat.
- 2 cloves garlic
- 1, 1" piece of ginger
- juice of one and half lemon
- 1 tbsp Badshah Fish Masala/ 1 tbsp garam masala
- Salt, as required
- 2 tbsp oil
- Cut and clean the fish thoroughly. Make 2 slits of 1" ,on both the sides of the fish so that the fish gets marinated well.
- Marinade fish with salt and lemon juice, keep aside.
- Next, add garlic , ginger and green chili in the mixer and make a smooth paste.
- In a bowl add this spice mix with 1 tbsp of Badshah fish masala with 1 tbsp of oil, mix well.
- Apply the marinade on both the sides of the fish, keep marinated for 2 hours.
- Before frying, add a tbsp of oil in a microwave safe baking dish, spread well, put the fish inside and cover the dish with wax paper . (TIP : Make sure to maintain at least an inch gap , the wax paper should not touch the fish . Do not seal tight, keep one end free.)
- Next are the exact steps that I followed.First set the power level to 8 and microwave fish for 6 minutes .Change the power level to 10 and microwave for another 5 minutes.
- Turn the fish and microwave for another 7 minutes at power level 10. Let cool for a couple of minutes before serving.
- A crispy fish fry is ready to be served. You can enjoy the fish fry with rice and any other curry of your choice.